Entries will be accepted May 6th – June 1st, 2016
The Nurses of Tomorrow Scholarship Contest offers three $2,000 scholarships funded by Medical Solutions and its Traveling Nurses in honor of Nurses Week. It is intended to provide scholarship support for nursing students with demonstrated financial need and to help develop the world’s next generation of nurse leaders and educators. The scholarship was endowed for nursing to help those students in need of financial assistance and to combat the growing nursing shortage.
To be eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Complete a 250-word essay answering the question “How do you feel that being a Nurse will change your perspective on life?” by June 1, 2016
• Students must be enrolled full-time, in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.75 or better, or continuing their education at an accredited institution (college, junior or community college, or technical school).
• Students will be asked to provide a list of community services performed or involved in during the last four years if awarded scholarship.
• Applicants must submit a copy of an acceptance letter from the two-year or four-year accredited college, university, or vocational institution if awarded scholarship.
• U.S. citizens and students with an Alien Registration number currently enrolled in state-approved schools of nursing or pre-nursing in associate degree, baccalaureate, diploma, generic doctorate, and generic master’s programs. Funds are not available for graduate study unless it is for a first degree in nursing.
• Three (3) $2000 (two-thousand) scholarships awarded for undergraduate study (funds are not available for graduate study unless it is for a first degree in nursing). Awards are a one-time payment and not to be considered a renewal for any future scholarship awarding.
• Nurses of Tomorrow Scholarships are administered entirely by Medical Solutions L.L.C.. Final selection of recipients is made through collaboration with a judging panel comprised of current Medical Solutions’ Travel Nurses and internal employees. Medical Solutions will determine and announce scholarship recipients shortly after June 1, 2016.
• Winners should receive awarded scholarships on or around July 14, 2016. Medical Solutions will mail to the scholarship recipient’s home address with an award check for the amount of $2000. Checks are made payable to the scholarship recipient.
• Recipients have no obligations to Medical Solutions L.L.C. They must, however, supply Medical Solutions L.L.C. with official high school or college transcripts and notify Medical Solutions of change in address, school enrollment or other relevant information. Except as described above, no obligation is assumed by Medical Solutions L.L.C.