Entries will be accepted April 3rd - May 12th, 2017
The Nurses of Tomorrow Scholarship Contest offers three $2,000 scholarships funded by Medical Solutions and our amazing Travel Nurses in honor of Nurses Week! We believe the Nurses are our future, and that's why this annual contest supports the development of the next generation of Nurse leaders and educators. The scholarship was endowed to help nursing students in need of financial assistance and to ultimately combat the growing nursing shortage by developing the Nurses of Tomorrow!
To be eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Complete a 250-word essay answering the question “How do you hope to see the nursing field evolve? ” by May 12, 2017.
• Students must be enrolled full-time, in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.75 or better, or continuing their education at an accredited institution (college, junior or community college, or technical school).
• Students will be asked to provide a list of community services performed or involved in during the last four years if awarded scholarship.
• Applicants must submit a copy of an acceptance letter from the two-year or four-year accredited college, university, or vocational institution if awarded scholarship.
• U.S. citizens and students with an Alien Registration number currently enrolled in state-approved schools of nursing or pre-nursing in associate degree, baccalaureate, diploma, generic doctorate, and generic master's programs. Funds are not available for graduate study unless it is for a first degree in nursing.
• Three (3) $2,000 (two-thousand dollar) scholarships awarded for undergraduate study (funds are not available for graduate study unless it is for a first degree in nursing). Awards are a one-time payment and not to be considered a renewal for any future scholarship awarding.
• Nurses of Tomorrow Scholarships are administered entirely by Medical Solutions L.L.C. Final selection of recipients is made through collaboration with a judging panel comprised of current Medical Solutions' Travel Nurses and internal employees. Medical Solutions will determine and announce scholarship recipients in June 2017.
• Winners should receive awarded scholarships in July 2017. Medical Solutions will mail to the scholarship recipient's home address with an award check for the amount of $2,000. Checks are made payable to the scholarship recipient.
• Recipients have no obligations to Medical Solutions L.L.C. They must, however, supply Medical Solutions L.L.C. with official high school or college transcripts and notify Medical Solutions of change in address, school enrollment or other relevant information. Except as described above, no obligation is assumed by Medical Solutions L.L.C.