The Systems Engineer's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems
- A minimum of three years supporting a Windows enterprise environment
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices
- Working technical knowledge of current software and Internet standards
- Working technical knowledge of network configuration including routers, firewalls and VPN
- Excellent software troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 2008/2012 Server, and Windows 7/8
- Passionate commitment to learning and growing applicable skill sets
If you have trouble with the online application click here to download a PDF Application.
Should you need any help completing the application, please email Tina Washington or call her at (866) 633-3548 extension 1311.