As COVID-19 continues to impact our communities and the world, traveling healthcare professionals like you will likely be caring for patients with the coronavirus disease. As you know, the known modes of transmission include respiratory droplets from coughs and sneezes and by touching the eyes, nose, or mouth after contact with an infected surface.
While you will be at an increased risk of exposure to this virus, there are things you can do to protect yourself and others:
- Follow the CDC’s guidelines and recommendations for infection prevention and control
- Provide updated training on the proper use of personal protective equipment
- When caring for patients with confirmed or possible COVID-19, use droplet and contact precautions. If a patient is undergoing an aerosolizing procedure — such as intubation, suctioning, etc.— an N95 mask is required.
- Continue to practice good hand hygiene
- Practice routine cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Remember to eat healthy foods and get plenty of rest
Now, more than ever, we are grateful for your commitment to patient care in these challenging times. Please know that Medical Solutions is here to support you. Our Clinical Team is here for you 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. Additionally, should you be exposed to COVID-19 while on assignment and are quarantined, Medical Solutions will pay your guaranteed hourly wages as well as your meals and housing stipends while you are away from home for up to 14 days.
To best keep up to date with news regarding COVID-19, please regularly consult the following sources: