October 2014 Travel Nurse Newsletter
2nd Annual Travel Nurses Day is this Friday! 10.10.14
It's that magical time that only comes once a year … Travel Nurses Day!
This Friday, October 10, 2014, is the second annual Travel Nurses Day. It's a day set aside to honor all of the amazing, adventurous, adept Travel Nurses out there. We think you're aces — A+ to all of you!
As a matter of fact, we couldn't hold our excitement to just one day, so we've already unlocked the site, and you can visit now to get this party started. In celebration of your continued awesomeness, here what's in store this year at TravelNursesDay.com:
- Take the “Where should I travel next? ” quiz to find out what city is ideal for your next adventure. Are you big city or small town? Fine wine or craft beer? Today's catch or meat and potatoes? Whatever your jam, find the perfect spot for your next assignment.
- Create your own travel stories with three fun, interactive Travel-Libs. Fill in certain words and you'll end up with your very own tale. You wordsmith, you!
- Most nurses have a pretty strong eagle-eye game. Use that to your advantage in these three Photo Finds. Simply spot those little details in each picture that are not like the other. I spy, with my little eye, you winning a great prize …
- And speaking of prizes, this year's batch is strong. Up for grabs are:
- One paid vacation of your choice — a $2500 value
- Three Kindle Fire HD 6 Tablets (8GB) — each tablet a $114 value
- Three $50 gift cards from Tafford Uniforms
- Fifteen $50 gift cards from Zappos, Amazon, and Starbucks
Get Your Travel Nurse Gear at Stitches
Fall is an especially good time to pick up some threads from our online store, Stitches.
At Medical Solutions, style knows no season. But, despite our year-round commitment to looking good and feeling great, fall is an especially good time to pick up some threads from our online store, Stitches.
Layer our hilarious “Always Believe in Yourself ” Bigfoot T-shirt with a stylish Medical Solutions jacket and you're all set to hit the hiking trail in the nearest woods. Who knows, maybe you will actually encounter THEBigfoot and you can show him your awesome T-shirt. You'll be instant friends!
Keep your noggin warm on fall hayrack rides and other adventures with one of our knit stocking caps. Sip a warm fall beverage out of our jumbo coffee cup. The possibilities — and style — are endless.
Stitches launched in October 2013 and is packed with all kinds of great Medical Solutions gear, including:
- ball caps and stocking caps
- hilarious nurse-themed t-shirts
- hoodies and jackets
- coffee cups and water bottles
- pet gear
- lunch bags
- scrubs, and more!
And, since we run Stitches profit-free (only covering production and vendor costs) everything in the shop is super affordable!
Pet of the Month: Piper
Meet Piper, the Lord of the Labs! Our October Pet of the Month is Piper, a Beautiful Silver Lab. When she's not chowing down on peanut butter or begging for treats, she's traveling with her mom, Katiann, a Travel Nurse with Medical Solutions. Are you on assignment with us and want to submit your pet for Pet of the Month? Fill out a Pet Application.
Traveler of the Month
Congrats Dan A., BSN, RN. We'd like to send a major shout-out and congratulations to our August Traveler of the Month, Daniel A., BSN, RN.Traveler of the Month Dan has been a nurse for about three-and-a-half years and specializes in Critical Care (MICU/CCU, Neuro/Trauma ICU, SICU).When asked his favorite location as a Travel Nurse, Dan says it's tough to choose between San Francisco and Long Island. Read More about Dan!
Apply now and take the fast track to starting your career as a Travel Nurse.