Benefits to Not Switching Travel Nurse Companies
While Travel Nursing provides the luxury of picking your desired destinations, sometimes not all locations are available when you want them. The shelf life of an assignment can be very short, so applying in a timely matter is crucial to be even considered for a particular assignment. Sometimes, nurses have difficulty finding the assignments they want with just one Travel Nurse company. It’s tempting to hop between two or three companies for this reason. However, there are many benefits to sticking with just one company.
- Traveler/Recruiter Relationship — Almost any experienced Traveler will tell you that an important element for a successful Travel Nursing career is a great relationship with your recruiter, or Career Consultant. A trusted recruiter helps you secure the right facility, the right shift, and the right location. Taking assignments with different companies can make it harder to establish this connection
- Loyalty Programs — Travel Nurse companies actually reward you for staying with them. Companies will keep tabs on the number of hours you have worked and pay bonuses accordingly. Your shoes have walked a lot of miles nursing, wouldn't it be nice to receive a bonus every six months just for doing your job?
- Location, location, location — The hardest part about sticking with one company is that they many not always have your ideal assignment locations available. This is usually where Travelers duck out and run to the next company. While this seems like the best option at the time, you could actually be missing out on potential experiences and pay you could receive from a lesser coveted location. In most cases, less coveted places do pay top dollar.
- Easy Taxes/W-2s — When you stay with one company you will have a lot less of these to enter when tax season arrives. The faster you get your taxes done, the fast you can spend your refund!
- Consistent Benefits — Not all companies offer similar benefits. You may have a better health plan.
Benefits of Not Switching Travel Nurse Companies
Find out why it pays to stay with one Travel Nurse company.
Great Cities You Might Have Overlooked
During your Travel Nursing career, some cities just might surprise you. Find out which cities we think deserve a second look.
Guide to Becoming a Travel Nurse
With this guide, you'll be a Travel Nurse and on the open road in no time!
How to Land Your Travel Nurse Dream Job
Getting the Travel Nursing gig of your dreams might be easier than you think.
How to Stop Travel Nurse Bullying
Stop nurse bullying in its tracks with these tips!
Infographics for Travel Nurses
If a picture's worth a thousand words, than these Travel Nurse infographics are a must-see!
Perfecting the Interview
Ace your Travel Nurse interview with these tips!
PBDS Testing Guide
Sharpen your critical and clinical skills with our PBDS study guide.
14 Questions to Ask Your Career Consultant
Find the perfect Career Consultant for you.
Reasons to Become a Travel Nurse
Looking for a reason to travel? We've got a few for you!
Stability in Travel Nursing
Although Travel Nursing assignments are temporary, you can go the distance with a Travel Nursing career.
Student Guide to Travel Nursing
Prepare yourself for a Travel Nursing career while you're still in school!
Travel Nurse Orientation Guide
Travel Nurse Orientation 101: Learn how to quickly adjust to your new facility.
Be Social on Your Travel Nurse Assignment
Say hello to freedom and adventure as a Travel Nurse. Great things happen when you embrace the unexpected.
Travel Nursing Blogs
Blogs can be a great tool for the Travel Nurse. Find our top picks here.
Travel Nursing Books
Make the transition to a Travel Nursing career with our collection of links to Travel Nursing books and guides.
Travel Nursing Magazines
Become an industry insider with these links to our favorite Travel Nursing magazines.
Travel Nursing Shopping Guide
Find the right Travel Nurse company for you.
Travel Nursing Social Networks
Get social with these online communities and stay connected with other Travel Nurses while on assignment.
Apply now and take the fast track to starting your career as a Travel Nurse.