Nurse's Guide to Becoming a Travel Nurse
Are you new to Travel Nursing and don't know where to start? Perhaps you've traveled before and just need a refresher. Check out this guide on how to become a Travel Nurse. There just might be some crucial steps you missed.
- Earn a Nursing Degree - Arm yourself with either an RN, BSN or MSN degree.The job market is a competitive one, so the more education you have the better chance you have at landing that Travel Nursing dream job.
- Get Experienced - Hospitals and other healthcare facilities are demanding more qualified nurses to fill their open positions, which usually amounts to around two years worth of clinical
experience in a hospital setting.
- Decide Where to Go - Once you’ve gained some valuable
experience, you can plan on where you'd like to travel. There are 50 states to choose from, so think of some places you’ve always wanted to visit or move to.
- Research Companies - Spend some time online comparing the many different Travel Nurse companies available. Each will have similar offerings and benefits like health insurance, but be sure to find the one that can meet your individual needs and goals.
- Choose Your Company - Once you’ve figured out which company is right for you, fill out their online contact form or call them directly. Remember, the larger companies may have more assignments to offer, but maybe not the service you deserve.
- Interview Recruiter - Finding a recruiter you can relate to and get along with is an important part of the process. This person will be your lifeline while you are traveling, so you want to make sure they are responsive now before you are out on the road.
- Complete Paperwork - Fill out all the necessary forms and paperwork. Make sure your resume, references, skills checklists, certifications and licenses are all updated and ready to go. This is a great time to also update all your credentials and keep them in order for future reference.
- Apply for Jobs - Once you’ve narrowed your search of companies and recruiters, you can start deciding which jobs are right for you. Work with your recruiter to discuss what options are available and find the right fit.
- Sit Back and Relax - You found a company you’re comfortable with, now let them guide you through the remaining steps (interview/placement process and housing options). After you’ve accepted an assignment, get your affairs in order and pack up!
If you would like to learn more about career opportunities as a Travel Nurse, call a Career Consultant at 866-633-3548.
Benefits of Not Switching Travel Nurse Companies
Find out why it pays to stay with one Travel Nurse company.
Great Cities You Might Have Overlooked
During your Travel Nursing career, some cities just might surprise you. Find out which cities we think deserve a second look.
Guide to Becoming a Travel Nurse
With this guide, you'll be a Travel Nurse and on the open road in no time!
How to Land Your Travel Nurse Dream Job
Getting the Travel Nursing gig of your dreams might be easier than you think.
How to Stop Travel Nurse Bullying
Stop nurse bullying in its tracks with these tips!
Infographics for Travel Nurses
If a picture's worth a thousand words, than these Travel Nurse infographics are a must-see!
Perfecting the Interview
Ace your Travel Nurse interview with these tips!
PBDS Testing Guide
Sharpen your critical and clinical skills with our PBDS study guide.
14 Questions to Ask Your Career Consultant
Find the perfect Career Consultant for you.
Reasons to Become a Travel Nurse
Looking for a reason to travel? We've got a few for you!
Stability in Travel Nursing
Although Travel Nursing assignments are temporary, you can go the distance with a Travel Nursing career.
Student Guide to Travel Nursing
Prepare yourself for a Travel Nursing career while you're still in school!
Travel Nurse Orientation Guide
Travel Nurse Orientation 101: Learn how to quickly adjust to your new facility.
Be Social on Your Travel Nurse Assignment
Say hello to freedom and adventure as a Travel Nurse. Great things happen when you embrace the unexpected.
Travel Nursing Blogs
Blogs can be a great tool for the Travel Nurse. Find our top picks here.
Travel Nursing Books
Make the transition to a Travel Nursing career with our collection of links to Travel Nursing books and guides.
Travel Nursing Magazines
Become an industry insider with these links to our favorite Travel Nursing magazines.
Travel Nursing Shopping Guide
Find the right Travel Nurse company for you.
Travel Nursing Social Networks
Get social with these online communities and stay connected with other Travel Nurses while on assignment.
Apply now and take the fast track to starting your career as a Travel Nurse.