You’re paid weekly on Fridays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know about your paycheck and the payroll process!
Your paycheck comes via direct deposit into your designated bank account. Make sure to keep your direct deposit information correct and active to avoid issues with your deposits!
If you have a question, discrepancy, or issue about your paycheck, please contact your payroll specialist. Their contact info is listed on your payroll welcome email. Beyond that, you can contact your recruiter with questions/concerns.
You submit your timesheet each week through Medical Solutions’ ciro clinician app. Completed timesheets must be submitted by 3 p.m. Central Time (CT) each Monday. Timesheet instructions and resources are available here for more specific guidance on submitting your timesheet. If you have any issues with ciro or submitting your timesheet, please contact your recruiter as soon as possible.
If your timesheet is not submitted by 3 p.m. CT on Monday and you miss the timesheet deadline, contact your recruiter ASAP to explore options for processing your timesheet.
Yes, as a traveling clinician, you’ll be paid overtime in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
As a travel clinician, you may be eligible for reimbursement of certain expenses related to your assignment. This can include travel expenses, such as airfare or mileage reimbursement, housing allowances, and meal stipends. Make sure to keep accurate records of your expenses and discuss reimbursement with your recruiter or payroll specialist.
Medical Solutions has several bonus opportunities, including our loyalty and referral bonus programs. Talk to your recruiter about bonus options.
Medical Solutions uses the IRS withholding tables to deduct the appropriate amount of taxes from each paycheck based on how the employee completed their federal and state W-4 forms. Bonuses are treated differently because they are supplemental wages. Supplemental wages are taxed at a flat withholding rate of 22%, regardless of your tax bracket. This higher withholding rate is meant to ensure that enough taxes are withheld to cover the additional income. Bonuses are also subject to Medicare, Social Security, and state and local authority taxes.
While bonuses may be subject to higher withholding rates, the actual tax liability is determined when filing your tax return. It’s always advisable to consult a tax professional to understand the implications of bonuses and other sources of income.
U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) rates are established by the GSA and refer to reimbursement rates for federal employees who travel for work. These rates determine the maximum amount of money that can be reimbursed for certain travel-related expenses. The GSA sets different rates for each location within the U.S. based on average costs in each location.
Some key points regarding GSA rates:
Lodging: The GSA establishes maximum per diem (per day) reimbursement rates for lodging expenses.
Meals and Incidental’s: The GSA also sets per diem reimbursement rates for meals and incidental expenses.
Medical Solutions reimbursement rates for any location will not exceed the GSA max rate for that location.
For specific information on GSA rates: visit the GSA website.
- Set up your UKG direct deposit ahead of time and verify it’s correct and active. If you’re new to Medical Solutions, make sure to set it up. Returning travelers, make sure yours is current and set to active.
- Read the entire timekeeping email you receive from your payroll specialist for each assignment! This is crucial, as your timesheet process may differ from assignment to assignment, depending on the facility.
- Submit your time in the ciro clinician app at the end of your last shift and verify everything is correct. Add lots of comments (sick, low census, requested time off—basically any reason you don’t hit guarantee) to help us get you paid accurately and on time.
- If you didn’t take lunch, make sure you include that in a comment.
- If you notice a discrepancy in your timekeeping, work with your unit manager to resolve it before you submit your time in the ciro clinician app.